Friday, July 24, 2009

A Letter to the Google Support Group :)

Dear Tanmoy,

Thank you so much for your compliments :) Really appreciate it. The conviction of the system comes from backtesting just 1 pair of forex - USD/JYP which is the last sheet of my excel file. I went through 3 techniques - Channel BreakOut, CoFlex and Inside Day trading.

I should say I am pretty lucky in the sense that I am in my own business hence, I got slightly more time to complete the backtesting of 1 complete year data in just 3 days - Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. The ROI was rather stunningly at more than 100% mostly based on 1 contract! Hence, I started my live trading on Wednesday rather enthusiastically.

Initially I started with what Courtney suggested 5 major pairs of forex. 15mins is all I need to key in the orders. :) But learning the techniques was time consuming :D I watched Trend Analysis Video for more 10 times to really understand the concept! Then I realised that since the same methodologies can be implemented across the board, why not try with other pairs too. That is how I gone into 12 pairs of forex... Now that takes more than 15 mins to key in the orders :)

As a newbie, Risk management is very important, hence I created the excel file to calculate my risk :) As I don't have much capital, I asked Courtney what if I have low capital e.g. USD500, I couldn't just risk 1% right? That means I can't take a lot of trades! He replied that yes that's right, hence, in reality, if a person have low capital, he/she might have to take slightly higher risk. Point taken. So I decided in most cases, I should only take about 5% risk. In worst scenario, I take whatever it takes to take the trade :) During these trades, I reduce my position to the minimum number of contracts e.g. 1 :)

So every morning about 7am to 9am, I spent time to analysis 12 pairs to enter or exit the market :) Well, technically, if you do 5 pairs probably 730am to 830am is the longest you need, as 1st 30 mins is to exits all inside days, RRR and/or Reversal Bar. Next 30 mins is to analysis the charts for exits and entries to the market :) well, I am just using what Courtney taught us to enter and exit the market. *Follow the Rules flawlessly*

Luckily, as I am in micro, I made a few mistakes here and there during my learning period, the losses are little but yet the wins are more! Just like what Courtney said - losses are 1 yet winnings are 2.5 :) But ultimately I am still learning and will move on to mini account once, this account hits a ROI of 100% or 90 days of practicing, whichever is faster :)

Thanks to guidance from people like Eric Oh - A very big thank you to him. Had to privilege to sit beside him and be educated by him about certain forex basics. Thank you Eric! And of course, Tanmoy for take effort to start this google group which in fact have benefitted me a lot to understand that in this journey I am not alone ;) Thank you Tanmoy! June for collecting all the emails from everyone. And of course the picture too :P Thank you June! Courtney for taking time to answer a lot of my newbie questions. Trust me it's not easy :D Thank you Courtney!

And lastly, everyone in the group for helping and encouraging me along the way :) Couldn't have done it without you guys and gals :) Thank you. I look forward to talk to everyone on Sunday after the course. BUT I still don't know what room. And I heard from someone that there was a Webinar last night? I didn't receive any news about it T.T

Your Friend,
Max Tay
Coach


CASHFLOW WARRIOR ACADEMY - "Everyone Never Work Again!"
m: (65) 9271 8133
e: Max@MySmartMillionaire.com

No comments:

Post a Comment