Monday, August 10, 2009

What to do if I got trades in and then Weekly Stochastic Divergence appears?

Hi All,

Today I learnt a very important lesson about Weekly Stochastic Divergence (SSD). I asked Courtney that what if I have trades in and Weekly Stochastic Divergence appears? What should I do since I know that probably 1 to 5 weeks, most likely 2 to 3 weeks time, the market will change direction?

He replied it would be good to combine all the trades into 1 trades, meaning lock in the profits for the 2 smaller ones and leave the biggest profit on the table for the market to move, hence reducing the risk further :) E.g. I have now 3 contracts of EUR/JPY on LONG, but since there is a weekly divergence, I closed my 2 smaller profits contracts and leave the largest profit still open. And combining the 3 contracts based on difference techniques, I am only taking a 0.33% risk now per technique. And I didn't put in a CBO Order but using that existing to be my CBO Order if it ever breakout - then I will be taking only a 0.25% risk per technique. Bearing in mind to change the stop to the tighest one of all which is the last bar of the CBO Order.

Vici versa for losses trades, I just closed my EUR-USD trades. I have too 3 contracts on LONG, but since there is a weekly divergence, I closed my 2 bigger losing contracts and leave the smallest loss still open. And combing the 3 contracts based on difference techniques, the risk is 0.33%. Changing the stop loss to the tighest one which is my TA Swing Low.

The understanding of Weekly SSD is so important as it have to deal with Risk Management and Profit Increment. Meaning we take a smaller position (less than 1%) when there is a weekly SSD and going into opposite direction (predicted to go SHORT but system show signals to go LONG) and taking a bigger position (maybe 2%) when the weekly SSD is going into the same direction (predicted to go SHORT and system show signals to go SHORT).

Your Friend,
Max

No comments:

Post a Comment