Wednesday, August 19, 2009

What a loss to the Local Forex Trainers Community...

Hi All,

this morning I received one news that I think is definitely a loss to the Local Forex Trainers' community... Founder of a local Forex training company left. I was speaking to him about Trending and Ranging market's strategies and he broke out the news to me. He is a person whom I respect ever since I was in Training Industry. But overall, I know he is definitely no regrets about it.

Nonetheless, as an experienced Forex Trader, he said that for the problem with Trending strategies (e.g. Courtney Smith) is you get lots of paper cuts during Ranging market and of course vici versa. And most retail traders, especially newbies like me :P, couldn't accept small losses and expects the strategies to win all the time. They didn't last long enough in the game and what counts is at the end of the month and not everyday! That's why the recommended trading time is about 1 year. (Sound familiar?)

Now, I fully understand why Courtney emphasises so much on Risk management. So that we can last through the paper cuts until a Trend is form as most of the time, the market just trade sideways!

Max

No comments:

Post a Comment